Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Making Lemonade

I opened my mailbox today to find a comment from Over Coffee letting me know that she'd given me the Lemonade Award. Thanks, Over Coffee!

This award really couldn't have come at a better time. I've been feeling a bit out of sorts lately but this weekend was relaxing and productive, and even brought with it the possibility of a new freelance client. I also spent some time thinking about my freelancing future and tossing some ideas around in my head. Finding notice of that Lemonade Award in my inbox was like a message from the Universe that things are going to be OK. No, better than OK. Things will work out exactly as they're supposed to if I just get out of the way and relax a little.

As recipient of this award, this is what I have to do:

  1. Thank the person who was so thoughtful for giving you this award by linking their blog to this post.
  2. Put the logo on your blog or post.
  3. Nominate 10 blogs which show great attitude/gratitude.
  4. Link your nominee to your post.
  5. Comment them to tell them about the award they've won.
Now, to pass this little award on to a few of my favorite blogging people. People with attitude and/or gratitude who inspire me and encourage me regularly with their words.
  1. Biped Sideways
  2. Cranky Fitness
  3. Gumbo Writer
  4. Jen Lemen
  5. Katy
  6. Mocha Momma
  7. Calling Dr. Bombay
  8. Magical Thinking
  9. Kathryn Magendie
  10. Louise
Thanks to all of YOU for being exactly what I need, just when I need it.

7 comments:

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

You are very welcome Ami! I love your making lemonade twist to the award. Just another example of why I enjoy reading your writings. ;-)

Louise said...

AHHH! Ami Just mentioned me in a blog!! I am so popular!!! :)

Angie Ledbetter said...

Thanks! I love lemonade. :) And congrats to you!

Mocha said...

Ami you are a doll. A sweet faced, lovable doll. Thank you.

Not stop drinking the kool aid. I mean lemonade.

I kid. Drink up, girl. It's all gooooood. And sweet!

xoxo

Kathryn Magendie said...

Thank you Ami *smiling* -- Oh, but I am the worst worst WORST about doing these things - I always mess them up - I break chains, I mess up tag games; I'm simply horrid at it - yet when someone extends an award my way, I am so happy - you'd think I'd be better about spreading that happiness! *laugh*

patresa hartman said...

aw, thank you, ms. ami!

you are a genuinely kind person, and i like you. :)

amy said...

Ami, you so rock. And almost in time for my birthday! I love awards! It makes me feel just like Gwyneth Paltrow when she won an Oscar.

....Gwyneth Paltrow HAS won an Oscar hasn't she? Well, one of those Oscar winning actresses in a fabulous dress.

Thanks!

Clicky Web Analytics