Saturday, April 18, 2009

Things to Come

Hello, my blog friends. I miss you.

Fear not, I'm still around. I'm just a little overwhelmed by life lately. I'm mentally exhausted by my "real" job these days. Not to complain, because I'm extremely grateful to HAVE a "real" job right now. That said, things are a bit crazy at the office and long days with serious stress and without time for exercise leave little energy for anything other than passive experiences like watching movies, listening to NPR, cuddling with My Love and the cat, and typing the occasional tweet.

When I do have the mental energy to think, I've been sprucing things up and finding more focus for my writing blog, making sure I meet my commitments to the other places I write and brainstorming ideas for getting paid for my words.

The spring sunshine is starting to energize me, though. I'm getting excited for fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmers' market and CSA shares again. I hope you're ready for another few months of posts focused on what I'm eating (and maybe even growing -- I'm planning another container garden). I can't wait for fresh greens, asparagus, tomatoes, strawberries, watermelon, corn...

What are you up to these days?

10 comments:

Kayris said...

We just joined the Y. So I am trying to rearrange my life to make sure I get over there. Getting my exercise in is a wonderful way to make sure I have a good day.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Seems like just about everyone is overwhelmed these days to me. Hope you find your balance soon. :)

patresa hartman said...

well, shoot. i haven't been around much, either.

and also getting very excited for farmer's market!

Ami said...

MommyK - I've been thinking about taking swimming lessons at the Y. Let me know what you think of it. This week my goal is to take a walk around the block (or close my office door and do yoga) during my lunch break. I've been working through lunch but it's not getting me anywhere but exhausted so I'm going to try something new this week.

Angie - I'm not sure if it's an environmental thing, or if it's an internal thing, but overwhelm seems to be the norm right now. I'm working on balance...I know I need it!

P - I've been dreaming about the farmer's market for weeks. Just a couple more weeks to wait...

Meryl said...

Yay for food blogging! I, too, am anxiously awaiting summer produce!

Ami said...

Meryl - I know! I love blogging about food and can't wait for the farmer's market to open!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Yes, we are all just overwhelmed!

I can't wait for the fresh veg and fruits either - oh spring and summer!

nejyerf said...

i feel like i've been away forever too. that is what happens when your boss catches you blogging at work.

i am looking forward to your food posts.

Erin said...

yeah i seem to have disappeared from the face of my blog :) we are trying to get our house ready to sell and i started taking a reflexology course, trying to keep up with my running, etc. busy, busy, busy. i'm waiting for the spring sunshine here...the weather is pretty miserable. i woke up to it snowing :( luckily it's stopped.

Ami said...

Kat - I'm sure you're really overwhelmed promoting the new book! Yay for you!

Nejyerf - My boss has been cracking down on internet use, too. I'm looking forward to food posts because my life isn't producing much other content to write about these days. :)

Erin - Good luck selling the house. I bet the reflexology course is fun! Glad you're still running and I hope the weather warms up there soon.

Clicky Web Analytics