Saturday, August 29, 2009

Change Is In the Air

I'm having a hard time posting here these days, as you can tell. I'm not sure if it's a lack of time, motivation or content that keeps me from writing. Maybe it's bit of everything.

Since I can't seem to write about much other than the food I bring home and the meals I prepare, I've been thinking about why I started blogging in the first place and where this little old blog is headed. I like connecting with other people through my blogs, and I don't feel like lists of CSA shares and the occasional recipe are building my blogging community. At the same time, fresh food and cooking are things that I'm really enjoying right now. Everything has its season, and maybe Writing: My Life isn't where I'm at anymore. Or maybe this little old space just needs a makeover of sorts.

As I figure out where I'm going, I'll share with you here. In the meantime, I'm writing more at Write Out Loud. I'm taking on more freelance projects. I'm reading a lot and I'm playing around with some personal creative writing projects. You'll also find me on Twitter. I hope you'll keep in touch and keep me in your readers. I'll be back. I promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ami,

I am going through the same sort of thing--i.e. not sure where my lil' blog is headed. I don't know what to write about...well, I do have things I want to write about, but I don't really know where to start. I guess the point it just that--to start--right? And then see where it takes me? But I'm nervous.

We shall see. I'll head over to Write Out Loud and take a look, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm posting far less often, too. I'm trying to not post just for the sake of posting... and only publishing when I have a story to tell.

I don't know.

Anyway, take your time and do whatever makes you happy. Mwah!

Clicky Web Analytics