Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How Active Has Your April Been?

When I started the Active April challenge, my plan was to be much more active than I've managed to be thus far. I can't imagine how this month would have panned out if I wasn't participating in Active April and trying to motivate others, too.

To recap, for April I committed to...
  • Shred OR 
  • Do some other form of moderate cardio exercise for at least 30 minutes OR
  • Practice yoga for at least 45 minutes
...on at least 25 of 30 days.

According to my trusty Gruve charts and my Google calendar, I've met my activity goal on 17 of 21 days. Technically, I guess that means I'm on track to meet my goal if I stay committed and make sure I'm getting active for at least 6 more days this month. That doesn't seem too tough. In fact, now that I've actually evaluated my activity for the month, I'm feeling a little better about my performance. I guess that's one of the great things about tracking your progress. It makes noticing improvements and recognizing successes easier.

Have you been tracking your activity this month? How are you doing? Have you been as active as you'd like? If not, what can you do over the next 9 days to make April an active month?

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Active April Challenge for the support and for posting your progress on Twitter using the #ActiveApril hashtag. It's been fun (and motivating) to see how you're getting active and cheer you on.

Since we don't have much time left in April, I'm already thinking about my goals for May. If you'd be interested in a challenge again next month, feel free to leave me a comment or give me a shout-out on Twitter. I'd love to host a monthly health challenge if others are interested in joining me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't been tracking officially, but I try to work out (Shred or Jazzercise) at least 4 days per week. Jazzercise is an hour-long workout, while the Shred is only 1/2 hour....I'm doing well, but could be better. I'd like to continue through May if anyone else is interested?

Clicky Web Analytics