Monday, November 12, 2007

Back and Pounding Away

I had a great time in AC with My Love. We shopped and ate and laughed and he even won a couple hundred dollars playing blackjack with some pretty interesting people. People I will surely try to weave into a story or two somewhere down the line. I'm not sure they'll fit into my NaNovel, although if I'm hard up for word count toward the end of the month, I might just throw them in there for the numbers.

I spent several hours today writing away. I'm having a really hard time fleshing things out because I'm trying to figure out where the story is headed and how it's going to end. It's like I keep outlining or dialoging scenes so that I can get to the next scene and find out where things are going. I feel like I do when I'm reading a good book and can't wait to find out what happens next. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone reading what I'm writing would be able to say that about my story--not yet anyway. (It's a first draft, she thinks to herself. It's OK. It's supposed to be shitty. Do. Not. Stop. Writing.)

So, I haven't made my 5,000 word goal for today and I have to head out for a business meeting in a few minutes, but I have managed to get in 4,502 words. That puts me at a grand total of 21,463. That averages out to better than the 1,667 words per day that will get me to 50,000 by the 30th, so I'm still on track. I was sure that the long weekend without writing would put me in the hole, but all's well on the NaNoWriMo front so far.

Hope you all had a good weekend.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics