Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Time Off for Some Celebrating

Two hours and 2,603 more words means I'm at 16,959 words. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself. Of course, there are several people writing for NaNoWriMo who have already surpassed their 50,000 word goal and are still going strong.

I, on the other hand, probably won't do much writing for the next four days. I might get in a bit before dinner tomorrow, but that's about it because there's cleaning and packing to do before Friday morning. I'm going to NYC Friday morning and then Atlantic City Friday night. It's an anniversary trip for My Love and I, so I'm guessing there won't be much writing going on. We'll be too busy shopping and playing black jack and eating delicious meals together. It's been a while since we've spent a full weekend together because of our busy schedules, so you can probably imagine how much I'm looking forward to the quality time. We'll be coming back late on Saturday. Then Sunday, there's a Raven's game, so I'll be working at the stadium most of the day.

Thankfully, I have Monday off for Veteran's Day so I'm planning to park my behind at some bookstore or cafe somewhere and ignore all the household chores and other writing that needs to be done so that I can make up for my weekend off. I'm hoping to have a 10,000 word day, so I don't feel too bad for taking a weekend off. Of course, at the rate I've been writing, that would mean 8 hours of work, and I don't really see that happening on a day off. Maybe I'll set my sights on 5,000 words instead...we'll see how I feel after my weekend of relaxation.

2 comments:

nejyerf said...

if you weren't having a weekend away with your love, i would seriously consider driving down to AC and meet up with you.

we would do no writing and would spend all of our time at the slot machines.

have a good weekend and come back refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to tackle more writing.

and who knows, you might even meet a new character or two while your down there!!

Ami said...

Refreshed and rejuvenated. And definitely met some characters! Now if I could just motivate myself to write about them!

Next time I'll meet you there and we can play slots until the wee hours of the morning!

Clicky Web Analytics