Friday, April 13, 2007

Last-minute Visit

My mom called today and said, "I'm coming down tomorrow." I was a might-bit surprised, as it's a 6 1/2 hour drive, and a might-bit anxious, as I don't really have any room for guests (no bed in the guest room which has been taken over by all of the things I haven't found a place for yet). Turns out she's going to ride down with my step-sister, who's bringing my nephew down to visit his grandparents for Spring Break next week. So tomorrow morning, I'll be hanging out with my mom!

Despite the fact that I have "no room at the inn," I'm really excited to see her, my step-sister, and my nephew (although I won't really get to see much of any of them). This will be their first visits since I bought my house, so they'll get to see it (and the slow progress I'm making in decorating it). It will also be the first time I've seen them since Christmas. I'll get to spend all day Saturday with my mom, and we'll meet back up with my sister for dinner. They'll only be here for hours, really, but I'm sure we'll make the most of it. What a great weekend surprise!

Now, I've got some cleaning to do!

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics