Friday, May 04, 2007

Book Meme

I apparently forgot to hit the publish button on this one almost a month ago, so you're getting two posts for the price of one today! Enjoy!


Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror?


Fantasy - This is Harry Potter's fault.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback?

Hardback or Trade - Mass Markets just seem so small in my hands.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar?

Brick and Mortar - Atmosphere is everything.

Barnes & Noble or Borders?

B&N, but only because it's more convenient for me. Plus, the Borders around here don't have cafes in them.

Hitchhiker or Discworld?

I guess since I have no idea what this is referring to, I'll have to say neither...

Bookmark or Dog-ear?

I'm a bookmark girl (although I used to dog-ear everything). I can't even count how many bookmarks I have laying around, and if I can't find a bookmark there's always a slip of paper or a magazine subscription card within reach.

Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction?

Asimov

Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or random?

Random - too much order freaks me out. Although I do tend to order them by size.

Keep, Throw Away or Sell?

Keep or give away. Never, EVER, throw away.

Keep dust-jacket or toss it?

Keep it! Who would toss it? Who?

Read with dustjacket or remove it?

With it, unless I'm traveling or carrying the book around in a bag.

Short story or novel?

Yes

Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket?

Harry

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks?

At breaks, unless my eyes disagree and close on me.

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time?”

Depends on my mood.

Buy or Borrow?

I buy more than I should and don't borrow enough.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Lewis or Tolkien?

How could I choose?

Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)?

Usually collection, but sometimes anthology

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger?

Tie it up in a little bow, please.

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading?

Morning on the weekends and nighttime during the week.

Standalone or Series?

I usually get bored with series before they're over and then don't finish them. I'll take standalones most of the time.

New or used?

As long as it's readable.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard?

The Knight and the Dove by Lori Wick

Currently Reading?

The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama and The Best Life Diet by Bob Greene

1 comment:

nejyerf said...

i liked this post and i feel as though i just got to know you a little bit better.

i too am a bookmark girl and grab whatever is available, including dollar bills.

my husband is a non-reader and doesn't understand how i can wile the day away reading in bed. preferably in my nightie and i must read a little bit before i go to sleep.

and in my family we ALWAYS read on the pot.

probably more than you wanted to know.

Clicky Web Analytics