Monday, January 05, 2009

They Say It's Your Birthday

Today is my 33rd birthday. I can barely believe that I've been on this earth for 33 years. I mean, wasn't I just in middle school?

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary this weekend to celebrate, although I did go see Yes Man with My Love, his daughter and one of his nieces. And tonight we're planning on a quiet dinner at Olive Garden. I know it's a chain, but I love the place and I haven't been there in years. I hope it lives up to my memories.

I also bought myself flowers this morning on the way to work as my gift to myself. They're part of my 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge (#87). Speaking of which, I created a separate blog where I can keep track of my 101 Things progress without bogging down subscribers' feed readers with rather regular updates to the list.

My big birthday gift to myself is a trip out to Arizona in a couple of weeks to visit my sister and see some amazing sites. I'm really excited to spend some time with Baby Sis and to enjoy some R&R. A week without work or any pressure to meet deadlines will certainly do this body good. And I'm hoping to take some fabulous pictures of the Grand Canyon while I'm there!

Here's to another wonderful year. Happy Birthday to me!

11 comments:

Kayris said...

Have a wonderful birthday! I turned 30 in August and I wondered where the time went. Wasn't I just 16? Enjoy your trip! Looking forward to photos!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Happy happy birthday, you!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Ami said...

MommyK - Thanks! The time really does just fly by. I never believed adults when they said that every years seems to go by faster, but now that I'm getting older, it really does seem true.

Thanks, Angie and Betsy!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Yay!

PS: I'm 33, too! Hope you have a good year!

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

Happy Birthday Ami!
I checked out your progress blog. What a great idea.
Have fun with your sis.

Ami said...

Reluctant - Thanks!

Over Coffee - Thanks, thanks, and I will!

patresa hartman said...

AAHHHHHH! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Yay for 33!

Yay for buying yourself flowers!

Yay for Olive Garden bread sticks!

Lisa Spahr- Helping People and Businesses Grow said...

Happy Belated Ami! Enjoy Arizona! And, I, too love having fresh flowers in the house! Enjoy them. Always, celebrate with beauty (beautiful people you love, beautiful thoughts you have and beautiful dreams). All the very best to you!

Ami said...

P - Thanks for the birthday wishes. Yay for a wonderful year filled with flowers, Olive Garden bread sticks and much, much more!

Lisa - Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and Happy New Year! It sounds like you have some exciting things planned to celebrate. Your trip to AZ sounds wonderful.

Clicky Web Analytics