Friday, August 07, 2009

CSA Report - Week 9

We got our first heirloom tomatoes this week! Unfortunately, you won't see it in that picture below because I promptly sliced it and ate it before remembering to take the photo. I got another good-sized share this week:

  • 2 lbs potatoes
  • .25 lb chard
  • 1 head of lettuce
  • 1 large tomato (not pictured)
  • 1 yellow squash
I finally cooked up those mustard greens from last week with a little red onion, some garlic and olive oil, cooking them down until they were really well-done. They were a little bitter, but that might have had more due to the fact that I waited so long to cook them. I could definitely taste the mustard flavor in them, which I found really interesting.

Looking forward to using up this week's share...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find mustard greens do have more "bite" than things like kale/chard/spinach.... plus, at least for me, many greens don't seem as sweet in the summer as in the cooler months.... are you going to try mustard greens again?

Kathryn Magendie said...

I adore fresh veggies and love tomatoes, squash, onion ...all!

Kathryn Magendie said...

Stopping by to see if anything new was up , and then ogled the produce again *laugh*

Clicky Web Analytics