Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fit 'N' Healthy Checkup

Somehow, two weeks have gone by since the start of the Fit 'N' Healthy Challenge. That's what happens with life. It's unpredictable and, occasionally, overwhelming.

Thankfully, though I haven't been blogging about it, I have been pursuing my Fit 'N' Healthy goal for May:

Get 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 or more days a week.

While I was at the STC Tech Comm Summit in Dallas the first week of May, I was an exercise machine. I walked everywhere I went, and I even made good use of the Hyatt fitness center a few mornings. In fact, I did so much walking and exercising that my Gruve Green Goal skyrocketed more than a hundred calories from the previous week, and I managed to get at least 30 minutes of exercise 7 of 7 days.

Once I got back to my normal routine, though, getting to that Green Goal has been a bit more difficult. I've still been exercising at least 30 minutes most days, but without all those extra opportunities during my day and with the demands of my extremely sedentary job, it's been a struggle.

I'm looking for more ways to add activity into my day, though. If I could do it while attending a conference where I sat in educational sessions all day, then it's clearly possible. I just need to figure out how to translate all that activity into my real life.

So how are you doing with your Fit 'N' Healthy goal for May? I hope you're reaching your goal, but if not, I hope you're still trying. Every bit of activity makes a difference. If I haven't learned anything else wearing this Gruve around, I've learned that. Whatever you do, don't give up. Just keep moving!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would say I'm realistically doing 4-5 days per week. I also just learned my hernia (which was repaired surgically last summer), has returned, and when it's bothering me, I have to cut workouts short. So that sucks.

I am on Level 2 of the 30-Day Shred. It's still difficult for me, especially some of the lunges. When that happens, I revert to other moves from level one or something else doable for me. My knees can't take it!

:-)

Clicky Web Analytics