Friday, June 29, 2012

Time Flies and Life is Good

I can't believe how quickly the last 6 months have gone by. I'm almost 30 weeks along, but it seems like just yesterday I was announcing the pending arrival of our bundle of joy. (I know that's cliche, but cliches are cliche for a reason.)


My pregnancy has been relatively uneventful, and I'm enjoying every phase of it. I had very little nausea early on, I was quite energetic in my second trimester, and the worst things I've dealt with so far are the occasional bouts of indigestion and some REALLY swollen feet on the hot, humid days that are becoming more and more frequent. All told, I'm very grateful to have had such a pleasant pregnancy.


The Peanut (a boy, it turns out) is growing bigger by the minute, and (to my chagrin) so am I. He's squirming and somersaulting all over the place and I love sitting or lying down and just feeling him move. Sometimes it makes me laugh out loud, and sometimes I'm in complete awe of what's happening inside me. I'm growing a human being, people! How weird and totally miraculous is that?!?


It's taken longer than I'd hoped, but we're finally starting to get the nursery ready. Furniture is arriving and the baby isn't going to wait forever, so it's time to get down to business. In the midst of doctors appointments and work and all the preparations for the Peanut, Jesse and I are settling into our own routine, getting used to living together and enjoying our quality time together, just the two of us, before the Peanut arrives.


Despite major loss and sadness this spring, and the normal challenges of life that seem to come our way when we feel least capable of handling them, I can't help but feel that life is good. The sun keeps rising. The fireflies flash their hopeful lights in the evening. The flowers bloom. A baby grows and a family is formed. 


Yeah, life is really, really good.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Cherry juice! Coconut water! Both of these helped me through the joys of pregnancy feet :).

Clicky Web Analytics