Sunday, May 11, 2008

BlogHers Act Donation Challenge Results

Thank you to everyone who took the time to leave a comment last week. The comments have been tallied and the donations have been made.

I received 44 comments through yesterday (I decided to count all the comments made) and rounded that up to 50 for good measure. I donated $25 to the Afghan women's project, which received the most votes, and $25 to the AIDS/HIV awareness project in South Africa, which tied for the second most votes with the Nepal clinic -- perfect since I'd planned to donate $25 to the clinic in honor of my mother for Mother's Day.

Once again, thanks for the comments and for helping me decide where to give.

7 comments:

Vered said...

It feels good to give to a worthy cause, doesn't it?

And look - it's almost at $4,400!!!

One Crazy Chick! said...

This is fantastic! Thanks to you for coming up with such a wonderful idea.

Weist Family said...

Three excellent causes! So glad you used twitter to reach out!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Shoot, sorry I missed it--what a cool idea. And what great charities!

patresa hartman said...

cool cool cool!

and what a great thing to do for mother's day! :)

NoRegrets said...

Thanks so much for doing this!

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

awesome! thanks so much for getting involved. :)

Clicky Web Analytics