Monday, October 06, 2008

Letter to My Body Part Deux

Back in April I was prompted by a post I'd read on BlogHer to write a letter to my body. In the letter, I begged forgiveness and made some commitments, but until a few days ago, I'd completely forgotten about it. The good news is that, for the most part, things with me and my body have been going rather well.

What got me thinking about my letter was an email I received from Capessa, a great new site for women, notifying me that they are sponsoring a Letter to My Body Contest with the blessing of BlogHer and support of True Body Confessions. All you have to do to enter the contest is post a 250-word letter to your body in the comments of the contest post by October 15. The winner will receive a $500 shopping spree from Zappos.com courtesy of Not Your Daughter's Jeans. Who wouldn't love to spoil their body with a little bit of Zappos love? I know I would, so I've decided to write another letter to my body (or rather, from my body to me).

Hello, Beautiful. It was so good to see you smiling this morning in the mirror. I can sense you're feeling more comfortable in our skin and I'm so proud of you.

I want to say thank you for feeding me so well lately. No, I probably didn't need those chicken fingers and French fries last night. And yes, that stomach ache was my way of reminding you that I prefer those vegetables, whole grains and lean meats we've been eating so much of. But for the most part, you've been treating me really well, and I'm grateful.

I love the exercise we've been doing--all of it. I wouldn't even mind it if we did a bit more over the next couple of weeks. The running is invigorating, that new stair machine at the gym was cool, and the yoga makes me feel lean and confident. Thanks for stretching, strengthening and challenging me. Can we try that step aerobics class next?

By the way, I heard you struggling with whether or not to weigh yourself this morning. I say forget about that scale and stop worrying about those numbers--I don't really care about them. Just keep feeding me those good foods and sweating it out a few times a week and we'll be just fine. Besides, didn't you see us this morning in that full-length mirror? We're hot, girl!

Thanks for tuning in to my signals and listening to what I'm trying to tell you. Communication is the key to a great relationship and I think we're finally speaking the same language.

All my love,
Your Body

You've only got a few more days, so get writing. Your body wants to hear from you. And when you're done writing your love letter to the most important person in your life, go enter the contest to try your hand at winning that Zappos shopping spree!

4 comments:

Melissa Amateis said...

That letter is awesome!!! I think I need to write one, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Hmmm, I'll put on my thinking cap. Thanks for posting this.

34 Years said...

Dear Body,

I hope you enjoy the beer as much as I do...

Love, Me

:)

Ami said...

Melissa & Angie - I hope you'll come back and let us know when you do. I'd love to read yours too.

34 - Excellent!

Clicky Web Analytics