Thursday, December 07, 2006

Fantastic Find

I found a great blog today over at BlogHer. It's called First 50 Words, and I wish I had discovered it sooner. Each day Virginia gives readers a writing prompt to jog our creative brains and lets anyone interested post the first 50 words of whatever comes to their minds in her comments.

I love the idea, and I'm hoping to use it as inspiration to write every day--even if I only come up with 50 words. So I'm not only going to be visiting First 50 daily, but I'm also going to be posting the day's topic and my first 50 words in the left-column over there.

I hope this exercise inspires you, as well! And who knows? Maybe one of these prompts will lead to a story or two.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to have to check it out.
COngrats on moving forward with your home! EXCITING!!!!

nessie said...

Sounds like fun! Its amazing how one word can start the most random train of thoughts.

Clicky Web Analytics