Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Inspection Time!

I can't believe this is actually happening to me! I just got a call from my realtor, and the sellers have an approved contract on a home. It's time to move forward with my home inspection! Aaaaahhhhh!

I'm shaking like a leaf with anxiety. I'm going to be a home owner! It just seems so bizarre to me. I have heard so many stories from friends about going through this process over and over again before finally settling on a home, so I wasn't expecting things to go nearly as smoothly as they have. I have truly turned off the excitment because I've been anticipating that problems would crop up along the way and I would have to start searching again. But it seems like things are really falling into place. And now I'm getting scared.

Is this going to be a good home? Did I settle too soon? Did I offer too much money? Should I have looked a little longer? Will it really be big/cozy/sturdy/safe enough? Was it a good investment decision, or did I make a mistake? Am I digging myself into a money pit or have I chosen the perfect starter home for myself? The questions and doubts are starting to come to a boil.

I'm not expecting that there will be any major issues with the inspection, but that is still a possibility. Hopefully, I can take my camera with me to the inspection and I'll have some pictures to share next week. Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Congratulations! I've owned mine for just at 3 years and it's the best decision I ever made.

nejyerf said...

i simply cannot WAIT to see the pictures.

it was about this time three years ago that we moved into our first house.

it was without a doubt the best christmas ever.

christmas cards are going out this weekend!!

Clicky Web Analytics