Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's Really Happening

It's about as official as it can possibly be. I'm buying this house, ready or not. I'm having trouble sleeping and, surprisingly, it's out of excitement for the change, rather than stress. All I can think about is how my life is about to change for the better. I can't stop imagining my life in my little house. I can't stop dreaming of furniture and paint and central air conditioning. Of course, most of these things will have to wait until I've had time to save a bit of cash, but I'm excited about the process of turning this house into my very own home.

I have exactly two--yes, two--boxes packed, and I'm scheduled to settle on my new home next Wednesday. This purchase seems to have snuck up on me somehow. With all the back and forth of inspections and negotiations, I haven't really let myself believe that this house would be mine. And suddenly it's become real.

I will be moving into my new house, and it will all start next week. I'm planning to clean and paint most of the rooms before I move any furniture, but I have no idea what colors I'll be using, who will be helping (other than My Love) or when I'll find time to do all of this.

I'm also trying to minimize the amount of time I'll be paying utilities for both places. My landlord at my current apartment is very flexible and will allow me to take as much time as necessary to officially "get out," but I don't want to be living out of two homes for too long. I plan to get most of my packing done over the long weekend coming up, and I'm hoping to get as much painting finished the weekend after closing as I possibly can. That way I can move furniture one night the following week and hopefully be settling into my new home no later than the 25th.

If only I had Samantha Stevens' nose-twitching abilities...

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics