Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I Heart Barack

I just finished reading The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama. I really wanted to read this book because I've gotten a great vibe from him and hoped to learn more about who he is and what he stands for politically, socially and spiritually before the elections rolled around. In general, I'm not much of a politics-watcher. In fact, I've become pretty disillusioned by the whole political machine over the years since I pulled my first lever. I have to say, though, that after reading this book, I've fallen madly in love with Barack's attainable idealism.

He has effectively restored my hope and interest in politics and the future of this country. Reading this book has refreshed my memory on the history of politics in America and taught me more about what it's like behind the scenes of politics. While he obviously puts a Democrat's spin on all of the subjects he covers, I personally believe that no matter what your political party, this book should be required reading. I think it could be a great way to get more people interested and involved in the political arena, whether by getting to the polls and voting, supporting or starting grassroots efforts in their communities, or tossing their own hats into the ring.

I hope my opinion doesn't change as this election unfolds.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics