Wednesday, February 06, 2008

On the Weather, Politics, and Britney Spears

I was going to write about the weather today; how it's at least 70 degrees out on February 6th in a place where the average high temperature for this time of year is 45 degrees. And how tomorrow's high will be 45 degrees, causing me to wonder if that Inconvenient Truth isn't knocking on my front door.

Then it occurred to me that weather is my fall-back topic, like in conversations that aren't going anywhere with people I barely know. When all else fails, try "How about this weather?" I'd hate to think that I'm so bored with blogging, and my life for that matter, that talking about the weather is what I've resorted to.

So I thought maybe I'd weigh in on the political arena. We all know I love Barack, so I don't need to say that again. I will though, because I really love Barack. Don't get me wrong, Hillary's OK. She just doesn't MOVE me like Barack does, and I think that's what this country really needs right now--someone who can get the populace motivated, who can bring out voters in droves, who can give the people a voice and will listen to what they have to say.

But I decided against the politics talk because this isn't really a political blog, and I tend to shy away from political topics. They're too controversial.

The only other topic that seemed to be on my mind this morning was Britney Spears. And all I have to say about that is, "Please, Paparazzi, please leave her alone." I hope that she's getting the help that she needs, and the people that are in her life, either by genetic relation, by drunken mistake, or by (bad or good) business decisions, don't take advantage of the fact that she is fragile and hurting. I was never a big Britney fan, but now I just want her to be OK. It's a sad day when young stars (and young people in general) fall into a pattern of drug abuse and impulsive or self-destructive behavior in order to cope with the pressures and attention that they're bombarded with. Unfortunately, as long as we who read the magazines and watch the TV shows hoping for that next tidbit of juicy Hollywood gossip or that next picture of a starlet grabbing coffee at the local Starbucks exist, there will always be Paparazzi willing to give us what we're waiting for. And Britneys being stalked so we can have it.

Thing is, I'm really not much of an entertainment writer either. I'm not very good at staying on top of the "now" topics. So I decided I wouldn't write a post today after all.

Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Although I'm not really an Obama supporter (I will vote for him in November if he gets the nomination though), I completely agree with the rest of this non-post ;)

Clicky Web Analytics