Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Question Me Good - Pt. 2

It's Day 2 of the Ask Me a Question series. Today's question comes from Angie.

How about a short synopsis of your novel in progress?


This was a great exercise in really nailing down what my novel is about. And it also made me really excited to get back to work on it. Thanks for the prompt Angie!

Every Saturday, Sarah drives down Interstate 95 to the same spot, pulling onto the grassy median where a white wooden cross awaits her.

Sarah and Steve tried for more than a year to have a baby, ultimately conceiving only with the help of in vitro, and when Sam was born, they thought they finally had everything. Two years later, as Sarah celebrates her last day at the job she's leaving to stay at home with her son, the unimaginable happens--Steve and Sam are in a car accident and Sam dies.

As the anniversary of Sam's death approaches, Sarah is still in a fog of grief and barely able to look her husband in the eye. Unsure she can ever forgive him and move on with her life, she contemplates divorce. But a queasy stomach and a positive pregnancy test change everything. Can another baby close the rift between Sarah and Steve and help Sarah heal from the loss of her first son? Or will her pregnancy remain a secret she carries with her to divorce court?

So what do you think? If you read this on the jacket would you take this book home?



If you've got a burning question for me but haven't had a chance to ask it, you can go to the original post and leave your question in a comment. I'll keep answering a question or two a day until they're all answered.

If you're just tuning in, check out the rest of the series.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I work with www.mochaclub.org, a non-profit that works in Africa. I saw that you were on the NaBloPoMo list, and we'd love for you to blog about our new campaign on Nov. 24th. The campaign is centered around this idea – at Mocha Club, we have always cared about building an accurate perception of both the challenges that Africans face, and the BEAUTY of Africa. We need bloggers to help get the word out. Please email me at barrett[at]mochaclub[dot]org if you would be interested in hearing the details!

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

ooh...that is a great hook for the book jacket! I would buy it (actually I would check it out from the library but same difference) ;-)

Lulu said...

Yes- I totally would!

I am intrigued already- how many chapters are you in?

Inspires me to put some of my ideas to paper and perhaps start on a novel!

Love it!

Ami said...

Over Coffee - I love your avatar! :) I'm really glad Angie asked this question because it got me really excited about the story again. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks its a great idea! (

Lulu - I wrote almost 40,000 words during last year's NaNoWriMo and that's as far as I've gotten. My plan was to finish the first draft by December and then start on the revisions in January. It's not looking good, but I'm definitely more motivated to get back to work on it now. Sometimes all it takes is a little prod to get you excited about a project again. :)

Louise said...

my question: Is it Steve's Child?

Kathryn Magendie said...

That would pique my interest! You've done a good job - the bain of my existence is the synopsis - ARRGHHHH!!!!!!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Glad to help, Ma'am, and write ON!

Good GRIEF! When's it gonna be on the shelves? Or can I preorder?

Ami said...

Louise - Guess I'll have to finish it so you can buy it and find out.

Kat - Thanks! I'm learning. Synopses are NOT easy.

Angie - Your guess is as good as mine, but I do have to finish it first, so I better get to work.

Clicky Web Analytics