Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Mayday! Style Advice Requested

For as long as I've needed to wear corrective lenses all the time, I've been wearing contact lenses. I have glasses, but I don't wear them often, mostly because I'm not very good at picking out frames. I usually think I like the ones I pick out, but within a few weeks, I hate how they look on me. So my glasses (which I spend significant amounts of money on) end up hanging out on my nightstand and get worn in the evenings and on the weekends when I'm hanging around the house. When absolutely necessary, I will wear them to work or the mall, but that's rare.

A month or so ago, I met someone whose glasses were stylish and fit her face perfectly. This has prompted an all-out search for the perfect frames. It turns out her face is a very similar shape as mine, so I took what I saw and went straight to the nearest vision store to try on some frames. Unfortunately, as soon as I started trying on glasses, I started to get the old wishy-washy, I-hate-how-I-look-in-glasses feeling. I want to find a pair of frames that I'd be happy to wear in public on any day of the week. A pair of frames that make me feel confident and trendy.

I spent an hour trying on frames and snapping shots of myself and I've narrowed the frames down to these six pair. This is where you come in. Please vote for a pair of frames by leaving a comment telling me which ones you like and why you like them. For the most part, the frames are very similar, but that's because the rectangular shape seemed to look best on me. For comparison, I've also included a picture of me in the glasses I currently wear.

Now:














Choice A:














Choice B:













Choice C:














Choice D:














Choice E:














Choice F:














I hope you'll help me move out of my contact lens-wearing rut and into the world of trendy eye wear. Vote away, readers--and just for taking time to share your opinion, I'll be choosing a random commenter to send a special thank-you gift.

16 comments:

Karina said...

Being someone who loves her eyeglasses (I have 5 prescription pairs to switch amomg), I feel qualified to comment here. Lol. I vote for choice A, followed closely by choice F. I vote against the oval ones (forget what letter that was and my bb won't let me see them right now). I don't think they work w the shape of your face. ;-). Have fun becoming a 4-eyes like me!

Alexis Grant said...

Did this post go through already? I apologize if it did...

I like A, mostly because the color looks great on you.

Second choice: D.

Over Coffee - the green edition said...

I vote for E followed by A.

Good luck with your selection. I can't wait to see which one "wins".

What a fun way to pick your new glasses....

Angie Ledbetter said...

I choose A (and wondered if you liked 'em best since they're in the A position LOL). The size, color and shape look really good on your face and fit perfectly beneath your brows. F is a close second, as they're similar.

Anonymous said...

B

no contest.

Welcome to the glasses wearing club!

Ami said...

Thanks for the votes, everyone! I'm sensing a trend here. Once I have a winner I'll let you know which ones I was leaning toward.

Keep the votes coming!

Amy Sue Nathan said...

My first choice is A, second choice is F.

Why? I think the darker frames balance your hair - and it's trendy to wear 'em dark so why not go all the way. I prefer the more rectangular to the ovalish ones.

But --- you look best in the photos where you're smiling --- so never leave that home!

patresa hartman said...

first choice: C
second choice: A

wooo!

you are lovely, ms. ami. :)

Tasha said...

My first choice would be A and second runner up would be C. I think the darker frames look better on you. The lighter ones seem to blend into your face too much. You look beautiful in all the pictures!! Miss you! Love you!

Mel said...

I'm liking B but I may be prejudiced because they look a lot like my own! They all look great though. I prefer my glasses now and think I look funny without them. As long as you are comfortable that is the most important thing. Can't wait to see what you decide!!
Mel

Jamie Ridler said...

I love A.

Of course, I loved A so much, I may not have looked at the others quite as closely as I might have. Knowing that, I looked over them again. You look beautiful in all of them but A is my top pick for sure!

Charles said...

go with "A"

Lisa Spahr- Helping People and Businesses Grow said...

1st choice A; Second Choice F

A looks hip, modern, and makes you look "young". You are young, but what I mean is that some of them didn't give a modern "youthful" appearance. I'm 35 and I still want to look "youthful".

I love picking out glasses. Its the only drawback to laser surgery!

Betsy said...

A. definitely A.

Jenn Escalona said...

What did you go with? I loved A, C & F! I think A is my favorite, though. Or maybe C. Argh, I'm wishywashy on this issues, too.

Ami said...

Thanks for your votes everyone. I'm going to close the polls now and I'll let you know the surprise gift winner and my frames choice soon!

Clicky Web Analytics