Sunday, July 01, 2007

Capricorn at Heart



Prompt #66: What's your sign?



I'm a Capricorn. This doesn't really mean much to me. I'm not a regular horoscope reader. I don't call Chloe for my daily reading. According to Horoscope Universe:

Capricorns never repeat their mistakes. They are very careful, slow, practical and thrifty. Their reserved personality can cause problems in their relationships. They are faithful to their family and loved ones. Their personality is also kind and affectionate but is suppressed by shyness. Trying to be perfect in everything they undertake, they often miss great opportunities because of insecurity in their abilities. Careful planning and insuring against any negative outcome is a must for all their deeds. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn. Capricorn's nature can be easily changed when they are loved or respected by other people. Capricorns are good brokers, politicians, economists and bankers.
Does that describe me? Yeah, pretty closely. Particularly the "very careful, slow, practical and thrifty" part. I'm also shy, but affectionate and kind. I'm a perfectionist who doesn't take risks because I'm afraid of failure and insecure about my ability to be successful in the thinge I choose to do. I tend to take on only those challenges that I'm certain I can handle, which often means I'm not living up to my potential. I do see these characteristics shift when I'm surrounded by people who love me and support me. I am not, however, a banker, broker, politician or economist. Neither do I believe I'd be much good at these things. And I highly doubt I'd actually enjoy myself doing them.

While I've never been much of a believer in astrology, I used to read my monthly horoscope in Seventeen and wish it would come true. Eventually, though, it occurred to me that they were nothing but generalizations and open-ended suggestions for my future. I think that astrology has some merit in the sense that the time of the year in which we're born influences the development of certain personality characteristics, but I don't think there are people out there who can tell me what my future holds. And I don't think that the month I was born in determines definitively who I am and who I will become. That's my choice to make.

1 comment:

Gill said...

Sounds like we could be twins!!

Clicky Web Analytics