Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Nutty Snacks Kill the Cravings

I've been getting some offers to try out new "healthy" products recently. I generally say "yes" if they seem like anything I might actually pick off the grocery store shelves myself. A couple of weeks ago, I received a couple of boxes of Roasted Nut Crunch Bars from Nature Valley. I'm big on their granola bars and I love nuts, so I was all for giving them a try. I'm glad I did.

They come in two flavors: Peanut and Almond ($3.39 per box of 6). With only 6 ingredients, about 200 nutrient-packed calories, 7 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber each, they're a satisfying snack you can feel good about. The Peanut Crunch version reminds me of peanut brittle, with the sweet and salty flavor of roasted peanuts and sunflower seeds that kills my afternoon cravings. The Almond Crunch, my favorite, has a combination of almonds, peanuts and sunflower seeds and doesn't seem quite as sweet or salty, which I prefer. They're filling and pack in enough energy to get through an evening workout and dinner preparation without the usual hunger pangs. With that kind of power, they'll definitely be added to my grocery list in the future.

2 comments:

nejyerf said...

they sound delicious.

are they on the shelves yet?

i especially like the sunflower seeds part

Ami said...

Yes, I just saw them at Safeway this weekend! Yipee!

Clicky Web Analytics