Friday, March 07, 2008

Broccoli Slaw-licious

Ever since nejyerf over at calling dr. bombay mentioned broccoli slaw a while back, I've been meaning to give it a try. I grabbed a bag of broccoli slaw mix at Trader Joe's on Tuesday and I mixed up a delicious slaw on the fly tonight. Inspired by the oriental-style slaw nejyerf made and the recipe on the bag of slaw mix, I came up with the recipe below. Give it a try. It was really good!


Broccoli Slaw with Wasabi Soy Dressing

Ingredients:

1 bag of broccoli slaw mix
1 cup chopped apple
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
2 TBSP rice vinegar
1 TBSP soy sauce
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 tsp wasabi powder

Instructions:

In a medium bowl, mix the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the last four ingredients to make the dressing. (I used an immersion blender to make sure the dressing was smooth and creamy.) Pour the dressing over the slaw mix and mix well. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's sells broccoli slaw?? Woohoo! Try tossing some with the chicken from their frozen lettuce wraps. I usually add some cukes, peppers, tomatoes and nuts and call it my easy-peasy-fake-chinese-chicken-salad. It takes all of 5 minutes to make and that along makes this great!.

PS - thanks for stopping by my blog!! It's always nice to meet a fellow non-mom.

Clicky Web Analytics