Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It's Wednesday Already

Where in the world did the last week go. I have a lot of things I wanted to talk about this week, but time has gotten away from me. Here's a list of bullets about things that have been rolling around in my head since Thursday:

  • Apparently Freeganism is Oprah-worthy. Reading about Lisa Ling's report got me thinking about how much I waste. It did not, however, make me want to go dumpster diving.
  • A subdivision in my state was set on fire in protest because it's apparently being built on a plot of land that many people think should be protected. A group known as the Earth Liberation Front (E.L.F), a recognized eco-terrorism organization, is claiming responsibility. While I'm all for environmental protection and activism, how in the world does this help things? Just another case of extremists giving the larger group bad name.
  • It's National Nutrition Month. I wrote a post at Feed the Soul on this today. You can read it but if you don't feel like it, here's the gist: The American Dietetic Association wants you to stop fretting about the bad stuff and focus on the good stuff. If you're making healthy changes, but you have an occasional treat, don't worry. You're still making progress toward a healthy lifestyle.
  • I'm considering becoming a vegetarian for a while. I don't eat much meat anyway, and it might be an interesting experience. Plus, I just ordered How to Cook Everything Vegetarian, so at least I'll have plenty of ideas.
  • It's almost spring, so that means it's time to decide if I want to participate in Community Supported Agriculture this year. I've been meaning to do this for four years now and every year I've let the deadlines slip by. After my experience last summer of trying to live locally, I figure this is the next logical step. Has anyone else ever participated in CSA?
Ok, that's all I've got time for now. Enjoy!

2 comments:

nejyerf said...

ok, so i didn't click on all the links you offered up. hey....at least i'm honest!!

but i will say this, i firmly believe in eating meat and eating healthy, which i do in fits and starts. i decided long ago that i would only use real butter. it tastes better for one and besides which, margarine is just gross. ever since my aunt may told me a story about how butter used to come in a tub. it was white and to get the yellow color you had to break a capsule into the margarine mix it up to get the yellow color, well that just turned me right off margarine for good!!!

i've never done that CSA but my mother did it one year. she seemed to like it.

Ami said...

nejyerf - You do realize that link-clicking isn't required, right? I'm just glad you stop by! Thanks for the honesty, though. I can always count on you for that.

And that butter/margarine story has totally grossed me out, too.

Clicky Web Analytics