Wednesday, May 14, 2008

200th Post

It appears that this is my 200th post here at Writing: My Life. Where has the time gone? I didn't plan a party or anything. Maybe for post 300...

In lieu of a party, please except this round-up of tidbits. It's been a busy week and I haven't been feeling all that "with-it" the last few days.

  • P is offering up wonderful prompts for your free-writing pleasure. And it's completely free. As she says, go there and write your pants off.
  • If you've been visiting my photo-a-day blog, you'll notice there are very few photos. Taking a picture each day and actually getting it posted is a bit more difficult than I thought. As usual, I think I've taken on a bit more than I can handle right now. Go figure.
  • There's still time to sign up for One Local Summer if you're interested. All you have to do is commit to cooking one meal each week from only local ingredients (other than oil, salt and pepper and spices). The deadline to officially join in is May 25th.
  • Have you visited Damsels in Success yet? If not, head over and check it out. Read my first article while you're there and see what other women have to say. Get involved in the conversations going on. It's a great community of women supporting each other along the path to success - whatever that may mean individually.
  • Monday (May 19th) is Open Mic Night for the Baltimore Chapter of Maryland Writers' Association. I'll be reading something (although I haven't decided just what yet). If you're in the area and are interested in checking it out -- or reading something of your own -- we'll be at Ukazoo Books in Towson at 7PM.
  • Jen is preparing for her quickly approaching trip to Rwanda. The 'zine is done, and if you want to get a freshly printed copy, there are a few on sale at Etsy. All sales proceeds will, of course, go to Odette, her daughter Grace, and last-minute trip expenses for Jen's "Girl Power Rwanda Trip."
  • I'm reading The Omnivore's Dilemma and I highly recommend it. I'm learning so much about why our food system works the way it does. And why almost everything you pick up in the supermarket lists high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient. Did you know that corn is in almost everything we eat???
  • The sun is finally shining around here, although I believe it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so it didn't last long. I think this foul weather is affecting my mood. I've got a case of the blahs, but I'm trying to plow through them.
  • Also, for some reason my DSL is running reeeaaalllly slow these days (thanks for nothing yet again, Verizon), so I can't even open two web pages simultaneously without things timing out on me. Would it be completely inappropriate to scream out loud right now?
Hope you're having a brighter week than I am. Happy 200th post!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching 200!!! Here's to 200 more!

patresa hartman said...

yay for 200 posts!

yay for shout outs! (thanks, ami!)

double yay for your upcoming reading. awesome guts.

yay for friends going to rwanda. wow!

absolutely no yay at all for verizon. stinking verizon.

NoRegrets said...

Congrats! and lots of links!

Clicky Web Analytics