Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #24

If all goes as planned, on Friday I will have completed 6 weeks of consistent exercise and healthy eating. What better time to take a few minutes to make note of the progress I'm making? Yes, I've had a few moments of weakness. Yes, I've skipped my yoga workouts on the weekends more than once. But I'm discovering that it's the big picture that matters, not the little peanut butter binge or the skipped gym trip.


Thirteen Ways I'm Recognizing Real Health and Fitness Progress


1. I'm not beating myself up over that ice cream cone I had last night.

2. I made healthy choices at Ruby Tuesdays and only ate a few of my fries.

3. I've been consistently doing cardio for more than a month and I'm actually looking forward to my workouts again.

4. The scale is being relatively kind.

5. I'm not getting down on myself because my weight loss has been slow.

6. In fact, I'm actually proud that I'm being moderate in my approaches to food and fitness this time around.

7. I actually stop eating when I'm not hungry anymore (most of the time).

8. I tried on two pairs of jeans I haven't worn since Christmas and they actually fit without having to hold my breath.

9. In general, I'm more energetic than I have been in some time.

10. I'm drinking less coffee and diet soda.

11. I'm using less artificial sweetener. In fact, I'm using less sweeteners in general.

12. I can eat chocolate without feeling guilty.

13. I'm speaking kindly to myself every day, no matter what my food and exercise choices.



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



3 comments:

Vered said...

"I'm speaking kindly to myself every day, no matter what my food and exercise choices."

I think this is the most important one.

I am proud of you. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. That last one is something most people need to work on, including myself.

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I'm so happy for you that you are finding a healthy balance. Way to go.

Clicky Web Analytics