Friday, July 04, 2008

A 4th Well-Spent

Introducing...Write Out Loud.

After working almost a full day today, I spent the evening/night working on my "professional" blog. I'm very excited about it, but I'm too tired to coax you into visiting there now. Trust me, just check it out. Then please let me know what you think (either here or there). It took me a long time to come up with the name and theme, so any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is to post there twice a week with ideas and prompts to get us writing, information on the writing business, and tips on finding markets for our work. If you're a writer, I hope you'll join me there for some fun and inspiration.

OK, enough shameless self promotion. Hope you had a great holiday (or weekend if you're not here in the US)! Goodnight, all!

4 comments:

patresa hartman said...

that looks really good, Ami. i like how practically useful your first entry is -- about copyright. not just that you say, "you should do this," but that you go on to say how. that's the kind of stuff i have a hard time with -- the business end. and i would guess a lot of folks do, so it will be nice to have someone who's already done the research to just lay it out. nice!

Ami said...

Thanks, P. I just hope you're not the only one who thinks so! :) And I hope I don't run out of ideas for posts...

Tiffany McGettigan said...

Ami- I love the concept for "Write Out Loud." I am excited to follow your expert advice and be inspired by your ideas. Personally, I always thought I would grow up to be a writer (not a teacher). Can't wait to see what you put up there next.

Ami said...

Tiffany - I'm a bit embarrassed that you called my advice "expert". I do hope you'll get something positive out of the new site, just the same. :) BTW - I never thought I'd grow up to be a writer either, although I always wanted to be one.

Clicky Web Analytics