Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm a Winner!

I got some great news on Friday. One of my personal essays is going to be published in an anthology of work by local writers! I'm so excited!

Then I got some even better news. I've been named as a Blog of Distinction. Started by Working Mum on the Verge, this wonderful award is given to bloggers who make us "laugh, cry, think or sigh". And Reluctant Housewife thinks I'm a Blog of Distinction! I can't believe it! I'm so honored. Along with this award, comes the honor of passing it on to five wonderful bloggers that I think are distinct, five bloggers who make me laugh, cry, think or sigh. So, without further ado, here they are:
  1. The ever-entertaining and thought-provoking Mocha Momma, who on various occasions has made me laugh, cry, think or sigh, sometimes at the same time.
  2. My beloved Nejyerf at calling dr. bombay, who most recently starred in True Blogosphere Story, and is always making me laugh, often to the point of tears and ending with a big sigh of satisfaction.
  3. A new favorite, Erin at Fully Alive...Ready to Smile, whose personal story made me cry, and who has managed to make me laugh, think and sigh ever since then. (Plus, she totally inspired me to get a new hairdo and I must say, it looks fantastic!)
  4. The creative and inspirational Jen Lemen, who insists on making me laugh, think, cry and sigh at any given reading.
  5. And last, but certainly not least, Belinda at Ninja Poodles, a wonderful mother who taught me all about Twitter and brings me the best in laughable, thoughtful, teary and sigh-worthy posts she possibly can amidst the whirlwind of her life.
Congratulations to the winners! Keep passing the distinctive blog-love.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on both your essay and your blog of distinction!

Ami said...

Thanks, Quirky! Things are looking up!

SaraLynn said...

How fun! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for your work being published! That's fantastic.

And I'm honored to be the recipient of this award. I have no speech prepared, but maybe I can come up with something.

Anonymous said...

yay for getting published and yay again for your award!!! From here on out, there's no holding you back ;-)

Lifeless in Ohio said...

Hi and thank you for stopping in for a visit. I have enjoyed poking around your blog and reading several of your posts. I see you not only enjoy writing but also have quite a flair for it. I would like to invite you to check out yet another blog of mine called Slice of Life Sunday which offers prompts to write stories about real events that have happened in your life. The address is http://sliceoflifesunday.wordpress.com . In the meantime, I want to visit some of the blogs you have listed here. Hope to see you soon. Cricket

Kimberly said...

congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the essay!

nejyerf said...

i am a hateful, hateful girl for not thanking you for the honor you bestowed upon me as well as not congratulating you for getting your essay published.

so big thanks and congrats to you!!

soon i'll be able to say "i knew Ami when...."

Clicky Web Analytics