Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spreading My Creative Wings

I'm a little late getting around to this, but I thought I should let you know that I'm taking on a bit of a creative challenge--starting tomorrow.

Prompted by some posts I bumped into about Project 365, a challenge to take and post one picture every day for a year, I've decided to give it a try. Initially, I'll be doing the challenge as a Project 31 for the month of May. With all my other responsibilities, I don't want to take on a challenge that will keep me from getting my work done, but I do want to start taking pictures again. And what a better way to get my feet wet again than to plug my nose and dive in with my clothes on, right? If I don't drown, I just might continue with my own Project 365.

This may seem out of the blue, and for many of my readers it probably is, but photography has always been something I've loved. I've been taking pictures for as long as I can remember, and for a while I was known as the girl who always had the camera. Part of this was a defense mechanism (if I'm behind the camera I'll never be in front of it) and part of it was the challenge of creating that perfect frame. While photography has slipped down my list of priorities, it's never been far from my mind, and I'd like to get back into it, to stretch my creative muscles and start getting into the habit of taking pictures again.

I've created a new blog solely for the purpose of posting these pictures and chronicling my foray back into the world of shutter speed, light saturation and aperture size. I'll be working with my point-and-shoot digital for now, but if it looks like I'll be taking more pictures in the future, I might have to go out and get myself one of these, which I've been eying for weeks now. Since I just purchased a new computer, I doubt I'll be getting a new camera in the near future, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Anyway, if you're interested in my photography challenge, check out the new site starting tomorrow. If not, well, that's why I decided to post them on a separate blog.

No comments:

Clicky Web Analytics